Finding the right product mix to offer your customers is key to retailing.
So is providing them with all the information required to make intelligent purchase decisions. The SDC is an industry-owned product information database, encompassing more than 500 performance and accessory brands.
Free to resellers, it is highly scalable to almost any business model and can help you choose products that match your store brand and/or populate e-commerce sites with robust product data and images.
Best practices for resellers:
- Understand what information is available from ACES, PIES and other industry data standards to correctly convey product information to end-users/consumers.
- Avoid the temptation to populate an e-commerce site with an unwieldy number of products.
- Be selective about the brands and products that best match your customer base.
- Familiarize yourself and your staff with those products to become a trusted resource for your customers.
- Hire a developer who understands the aftermarket to build your e-commerce site.
- Stay involved and diligent with your e-store upkeep.
Success requires your involvement. And we're here to help you.
Resellers can contact Sophia Cardona, SDC Customer Service Coordinator, at email@example.com to learn more about the availability of training and access to data.